Disney want to makeover Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
haha ya the old black and white "Mick Mouse"

Haha, call him Little Nickey, Mickey's badarse younger bro.

tongue.png

Leave the "classic" Mickey Mouse alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez! Like they did with Peter Pan and Thumblina! ARGH!

Let them try to do an updated Snow White, it isn't going to be the same!

Quote:
I am afraid that an updated "Snow White" will be a drug addicted street walker with a fetish for little people.
big_smile.png

gig.gif

I'm trying to decide if Disney has already been molding our youth with their brand of 'edge' (Hannah Montana, etc.) or if they are merely trying to catch up with something they got left behind on. What I do know is those Spears girls sure helped to tarnish the Disney image.

You know, I'm making a connection here....... We went to Disneyland this last spring.

Disneyland has always been renowned in the business world as being the model of customer service. There is a customer service book that details some things about Disneyland, like that all employees pick up trash the second they see it, including the big wigs. The gold paint on the merry-go-round is removed after the park closes, then re-painted and blown with blow driers to be ready when the park opens the next morning. At that time, the business sense there was that people came there to be put in a fantasy land, and if the paint is chipped or debris is scattered around, they cannot maintain their fantasy. Very true, right?

Well, when we went, everything was wonderful till Toon Town. Have you been in Mickey's house, or Minnie's house, or Goofy's house? The oversized chairs, telephones, flowered rugs, dishwasher with window so you can see fish swimming around inside...... I went there when it first opened years ago. Neat stuff. This past spring, holy cow. If 50,000 people touch a Minnie Mouse phone, paint will wear off, right? Well, everything was worn, badly. Knobs were missing. I stopped looking at the houses as belonging to Mickey et al., and thinking "Why don't they re-paint this stuff????"

Anyways, I'm wondering if a decline in park standards is merely a reflection of a decline in Disney standards overall.

Last edited:
Have any of you guys ever heard of Shadow the Hedgehog?

assist16_080314awk05.jpg

It sounds like they're trying to do to Mickey what SEGA did to the Sonic series by inventing the Shadow character.

The Shadow the Hedgehog game was pretty much an "epic fail." A character that looks like Sonic doesn't need guns to kick butt.
hmm.png

An "edgier" Mickey doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Who wants to see Mickey Mouse acting like a jerk, and Minnie Mouse becoming like one of the Bratz girls?

When's the last time any of you actually enjoyed a disney movie? Not since The Lion King, for me. After computer animation came out all the disney flicks went down the tube. And their non animated movies are awful as well, IMO. I love classic disney, they should just keep it that way! Why does everything have to become modern?

Back
Top Bottom