Disoriented sebright

Katalina85

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 16, 2011
Hudson, Florida
This morning I found my three month old sebright girl laying upside down like she was dead. I was frantic and picked her up. She seemed to be alert, but was not able to stand on her left leg. Throughout the day she was able to stand, but not walk properly. She is holding her head funny and sleeps most of the time. She has been eating and drinking throughout the day but I can tell there is something wrong. She has been dewormed and has had electrolights in her water. She has been a healthy little gal up until today. Please help. I don't know what to do with her. I love her so much.

Hi,
welcome-byc.gif
not sure whats going on either, have you done any research on Mareks? there is alot of info on BYC about chicken illness,: I'll try to find the link and post for you.

Last edited:
It's very contagious, I am sorry to say, but lets not jump to conclusions right off the bat.. could she have injured herself somehow? have you examined her all over to make sure there are no wounds, have you checked for lice/mites? there is a thread going right now called Mareks by Moodys Chickens you might want to check it out. about midway down this page.

Last edited:
At first I had thought that maybe she had hurt herself or that the others had picked on her. She does have one small scratch under her wing, but that is the only thing that I noticed. I am positive she does not have lice or mites. I have read up on Mareks. Her eyes look really good and nothing like the pictures I saw of the infected birds eyes. She is sleepy but she wakes up and talks to me. She doesn't act sick, just injured. I thank you so much for your help. My family and I have been praying for her all day. If there is nothing I can do to help her, God sure can.

Back
Top Bottom