Dispose of dead predator

I would just bag it and put it in the trash.

I pooper scoop my yard and put it in the trash can.

I put my trash in my trash can.

I clean out garage and put it in my trash can.

I don't have a problem with animals in the freezer, that's why it's there. When my house rabbits died in the winter I put them in the freezer until spring so I could bury them in the backyard but putting a raccoon in my freezer????

Are you freaking kidding me?

To save the trash can?

From what?

Trash?

Just toss the dang thing.

G-R-O-S-S!

Quote:
No, not the trash can.

To save yourself from having to smell the decomposing raccoon that was shot 6 days before your next trash pick-up. Not to mention the flies that would land on it and then come in your back door.
roll.png

My trash can has a lid.

My trash bags can be tied off.

I am NOT putting a raccoon in my freezer.

If you have flies coming in your door from your trash can I would recommend moving the trash can, shutting the lid of the trash can and bagging your trash.

I still say...

G-R-O-S-S

yep In 3 or 4 days that raccoon is going to be smelling your whole place up ..... I shot one earlier in the year and I knew I got him but he got away and I couldn't find him until 3 days later we followed our noses He was so bad we couldn't get close enough to bury him even with bandana's over our noses. so we just got a wheel barrow full of dirt and dumped it on him it solved the stink problem now he is just so much fertilizer.

Thanks for the replies.
Digging a hole in the middle of winter could be challenging. Also,
I live in the country, so my garbage goes to the county landfill and when you sign up you get a nice note with bold letters pointing out that dead animals, among other things, are not accepted, and if garbage man suspects a dead animal in there, they will not pick it up, and if reported, I can be fined.

So, how would you make a hot barrel fire?
And I do own 10 acres, so I could go to the farthest corner to dump the dumb thing. It's by the river and the neighbors houses are about the same distance from that point as I am. How far would that smell travel?
Should I pile them up in the winter and the bald eagles that migrate through in the spring might take care of them? Not to mention the buzzards I've seen around? What about the rest of the year? How long does it take for the things to decompose if not buried?

Thanks.

I live on 10 acres. I take my carcasses to the far corner of the property and just throw them over the fence at the edge of the woods. After a week or so I'll pass by the place and there won't be anything there but bones. I figure the other woodland critters eat them. I've not had any problem with critters getting around my coop. The real problem I have is critters getting in my barn and eating my cattle feed. My live and steel traps have seen a lot of use.

I live on a county road that has a lot of deer mortality. Whenever I've removed a predator from the gene pool I carefully lay it on the shoulder of the county road. They pick up animals daily. and they don't do autopsies on them
wink.png

Its a sure thing that people has ate worse things in their lifetime other than a raccoon and never knew the difference,I have ate raccoons for many years and find them quite tasteful and have not died from it yet,as far as being (nasty),,far from it,raccoons do carry rabies,,but who is going to eat a rabit animal of any kind?I much rather eat a raccoon that I have killed and processed in a clean sanitary manner than eat plastic wrapped meat from a supermarket,,get it together folks,,raccoons are not a (nasty) animal,,neither are groundhogs,squirrells or rabbits,,snapping turtles,frog legs,rattlesnakes,deer,bear,during the depression years people did eat possums,but not straight from a cows belly,they were pened up and fed milk and bread for several weeks,I don,t eat possums myself but i wouldn,t insuate that people that have are doing something terrible,during the depression days possums were refered to as (hoover hogs),,and probably were ate for sunday dinner,,from what I have read,,,times have changed yes,,but the meat still tastes the same,,,

Back
Top Bottom