Disrespectful or not?

I'm with Miss Jayne on this one...there are times to speak up and there are times to just shut yer yap. Children need to learn the difference and it's up to parents to teach it. If you do not, you are merely crippling that child for how the real world works. I, also, am no sheep,nor do I take crap from anyone, bosses included. BUT...we all know that there is a certain amount of crap we all have to swallow to keep a job and pay the bills.

I would love to have the freedom to say whatever I feel anytime I please...wouldn't anyone? But reality is, after the age of 5, it is no longer appropriate to say whatever you want to say to whomever you want to say it in every situation. Its called social skills and tact. It's necessary to develop these to have a normal life out in the public. To have a job, to have a relationship, to have anything at all in this world~sometimes you just have to learn when to shut up. Choose your battles. If not, you will be fighting your whole life, as there are a lot of things that are just NOT right out there.

Quote:
I agree with you to a point. I don't think kids should be left off the hook just because they are kids.

And there is more to it than just, "this person is an elder, boss ect," imo. I think it has to do more with respecting people as human beings like others have said.

People react differently when they are corrected in front of a group than they do in private. If someone corrects because they want to embarrass, antagonize, or show off, they do it in public, if they want positive results they usually do it in private. Of course there is no guarantee that privately correcting someone will get results, but the odds are more in their favor.

disclaimer: I understand that this is how I try to live my life and others may disagree and be just as right in their lives.
big_smile.png

mom'sfolly :

Muttering is disrespectful, but sometimes it is a battle best ignored. JMHO

My son is 11 and just hitting middle school; I'm not looking forward to the next few years of hormonal young man trying to find his place in the world. I hope he is not as bad as I was. I should have been locked in basement when I was 12, had raw meat thrown at me a couple of times a week and let out again when I turned 18.
big_smile.png
Thank God, I don't have girls.

My son just turned 12 yesterday, and he is already pushing the limits hard! What happened to the cute little baby, and who is this middle schooler that took his place?​

Back
Top Bottom