Dividing up the run (Feedback needed)

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
My dad has decided to divide up the selected area so that we can have 3 separate yards for our birds. 1 for the main flock, 1 for the duck flock, and 1 for new year's grow outs. I agreed as it'll make it easier for me to grow out next year's babies while also easier to keep the ducks happy. Each yard will have it's own coop so housing isn't an issue for us.
We recently got a rabbit hutch for free from our neighbors that moved out that will work for an outdoor brooder for a mama hens and chicks. It has 2 sections; A top section and a bottom section. Perfect for if we end up with 2 possible broodies.
We also have our 2 old coops that we can use.
The whole flock currently sleep in the new large coop that was built 2-3 weeks ago.

Can anyone tell me what the minimum feet of yard needed for 10 chickens, minimum feet of yard needed for 3 ducks, and minimum feet of yard needed for 10 grow outs/babies?? I just need to know the minimum feet for each yard.
Square feet confuses me so I put feet on purpose as it's easier for me to understand.

10 x 10 for the chickens
8 x 6 for the ducks
Will the chick pen be merged with the chicken pen, or will they be separate forever? Either way, you will need it to be 10 x 10.
Next year will be slow growing meat birds so they'll be separated forever.
And unless our cockerel breeds his hens, the chick pen won't be used for anything except meat birds.

Back
Top Bottom