DIY Chicken Door Opener. Ideas?

This is the same "kinda" set up I will be using. I just need some help with wiring A DPDT relay to reverse the action of a motor to close the door . Thanks

I'm building some with with drill motors. I'm going to use a 12 volt timer though. I would like to know the wiring procedure for the DPDT relay if it's not to much bother. Thanks !

Yes I would like the Schematic for the DPDT relay to reverse mine. Thanks !

I'm building some with with drill motors. I'm going to use a 12 volt timer though. I would like to know the wiring procedure for the DPDT relay if it's not to much bother. Thanks !
ORMRON_Relay_6158C9AF-0974-41B6-9A9B1AA9C703548D.bmp

This is a standard relay pin out diagram. 2 and 10 is your coil. (when your coil becomes energized with its rated voltage the 3 switches change position) If your relay is 12v, run a constant 12v + to terminal 1 and the - to terminal 11. Run a timer contolled 12v + to terminal 2 and - to terminal 10. Run a jumper wire from terminal 4 to terminal 9 and from terminal 9 to one side of drill motor. Run another jumper wire from terminal 3 to terminal 8 and to the other side of the motor. When the timer energizes the relay, the polarity to the motor will switch + to - and - to +.

This might make it easier to see how it works. If you need any more info lemme know. Hooking up the timer depends on the type/brand of timer and its specs, but id be happy to help if you need.

Back
Top Bottom