Diy egg turners

skitzkle

Chirping
6 Years
May 7, 2013
Havelock, NC

I have a semi-automatic egg turner. (I don't have to open the lid) egg tray is on a rod with strings attached to either end. I just pull one string or the other to rotate it. I am considering purchasing a replacement egg turner motor to fully automate it. Do the incubator motors have internal timers? Could I mount it and just attach my strings to it?

Last edited:
The motors for the auto turn trays have no timer. They turn slowly making one revolution in 4 hrs. They turn in one direction and don't reverse direction. The crank arm has about a 1" offset. Don't think it would work for your application.

I used my automatic egg turner for my last hatch and the last couple of days of rotating, it didn't seem to be working though I could hear the motor running. Now I'm testing it out again with eggs to be delivered today. Though it's hard to tell unless you stand over it for four hours, but the rotation doesn't seem to be as drastic as it was when I first purchased it. The first batch of eggs were almost falling out because if the extreme rotation and I have yet to see such a dramatic angle since. Could it be that my motor is going out and not turning the racks as well or am I just not catching it in the right position?
It's a hova bator automatic turner.
If it has a circular rotation without reversing, it would seem impossible for it to not fully rotate in both direction...
Again, it IS rotating but I'm not seeing it reach it's full rotation.

The motor could be failing but that should not affect the angle of tilt. When the motors fail, they just stop turning. I have had the pin on the end of the motor slip off the rod that connects the egg trays together.

Back
Top Bottom