DIY Fully auto incubator

Airbus

Chirping
Jan 22, 2016
Bradford County PA
This is my current design running for 10 days right now. It's been holding temp in C by .2 degrees. And automatically brings humidity to 50%. Design is simple but fully automatic.
The container is sealable Tupperware with closed foam insulation on 4 sides and bottom. The tupperware lid is reinforced with plywood for east accessory mounting. It's powered by a old dell computer Power supply. Has auto turner, fogger, and 12v ceramic heating elements. I bought a digital thermostat off eBay for $9 which automatically controls power supply to heat and humidity individually.
So far the only issue has been the lack of resivor for water for the fogger, I'm planning a external resivor and will move the fogger out side the incubator and pump in for for next trial.
Forgot to mention it has 2 PC fans to circulate the air and fog.
I'm running the test next to my Chinese incubator, mine holds temp better as far a I can tell.

Last edited:
I have that exact Chinese incubator, it's a real piece of junk and ours has had two heating element failures and never managed to go start to finish on any eggs we set.

But it's awesome you have managed to make one that seems to be working. We dry incubate in a wine cooler diy incubator, I'd be worried about 50% humidity, You probably will be watching your air cells closer than we do :)

I like the fogger idea a lot.

Back
Top Bottom