DIY No Tools Required Poultry Waterer

mpmrla

Chirping
9 Years
May 5, 2015
Ocean Springs MS
DIY poultry waterer. you will need a 5 gallon water cooler which is usually about 12" in diameter with lid and a 14" diameter x 3" deep pan.
Fill the cooler with water and seat the lid tightly. The lids of these coolers are designed with one to four
grooves that allow air to be drawn into the cooler as water is removed. turn the cooler upside down in
the pan and let gravity do the rest. the water level should top out in the pan at about 2" as it drains from the groves in the lid until pressure equalizes.

Last edited:
That's an interesting idea. I've been considering making a water cooler into a watering system somehow, as they'd be less likely to freeze in winter.

DIY poultry waterer. you will need a 5 gallon water cooler which is usually about 12" in diameter with lid and a 14" diameter x 3" deep pan.
Fill the cooler with water and seat the lid tightly. The lids of these coolers are designed with one to four
grooves that allow air to be drawn into the cooler as water is removed. turn the cooler upside down in
the pan and let gravity do the rest. the water level should top out in the pan at about 2" as it drains from the groves in the lid until pressure equalizes.
Does anyone have a picture of this setup? I’m a visual learner, so I really can’t picture what you’re talking about. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom