DIY PVC COOP

I love what you have done.
Can I ask.... The end with the door...... Is it an arch cut from a sheet or two of wood??? I am needing to make something for some of my birds for the summer and think this would be better than the pvc A-frame I am using. ( was supposed to be very temporary but looks like I need it longer)

Is it metal on top or the poly roofing?

It's cut from one sheet of plywood, trace the arch and then cut with sawzall of jigsaw, it's secured with 3/4" galvanized pipe strap and stainless screws. The roof is metal.
I love what you have done.
Can I ask.... The end with the door...... Is it an arch cut from a sheet or two of wood??? I am needing to make something for some of my birds for the summer and think this would be better than the pvc A-frame I am using. ( was supposed to be very temporary but looks like I need it longer)

Is it metal on top or the poly roofing?

Thanks that will help me some on mine. I have some metal roofing left from making my main coop and can use that on a hoop coop. I was worried about the weight of it.

Again Thank you.

Will do thanks. I do have a really nice huge coop but the poor polish were getting picked on and the larger chicks did not sell as expected so HOOP COOP here we come.

Aloha!
I live on Kauai as well and I am wanting to get some egg layers, probably Rhode Islands. I like all the different coop designs and am blending some of my favorite ones to come up with a design that will work for this climate.

For those of you keeping hens on Kauai do you have any advice from what you have learned so far?

Can you recommend a place on-island to get chicks? I've seen some advertising on Craigslist for a hatchery in Moloa'a that says they have many different breeds and such. I would like to get them young so they will be used to me, and I have a young daughter that I would like to get involved with them.

Where do you get your supplies, feed, feeders, waterers, coop bedding, etc..

Any and all advice is welcome!

Mahalo!
Randy

We get most all our supplies at Harvey's in Kalaheo. We also got our chicks there. They should also be selling chicks at the Farm Fair, which I think is in August.

Back
Top Bottom