Diy Section

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Dogginfox, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

It appears to me that a growing number of BYC members are taking on DIY projects and I think it would be nice to have a common place to post comments and questions regarding such projects rather than having to sort through all the different categories when looking for advice.
    Just my $. 02

2. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    What kind of DIY projects? Hopefully in the spring I'll be able to make some trap nests. Until then I'm lurking on that thread.

3. Dogginfox

Dogginfox Chillin' With My Peeps

Home made incubators, Hatchers, brooding boxes, heated watering systems, auto watering systems, feeders, restoring old poultry equipment,predator deterants, solar systems ect. If you read through enough post you will find examples of all the projects and more. It's just a matter of searching through all the different categories and stumbling across a project that interest you

4. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    I think it's a great idea! I don't know how many times I've read something and months later need the info and have to sift through thread after thread trying to find where it was.

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes indeed! We have a coops section, but nothing much for the other chicken-related projects that all of us do. I think it would be a good idea.

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    YES! I bought incubator plans from some guy on e-bay. Haven't finished it, 'cause the chicken math will kick in and all, but hope to get it up and going for the early spring hatching.
    It looks great, I am looking forward to this.... and it seems the seller is Renegade Ridge, he's a biggie here in the egg swap thread!
    I'm sure he can kick in any info not to just me, but everyone else!! So glad I joined.

7. Moores6

Moores6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Here is my home made brooder. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I did it all by myself without the help of DH [​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Until we address this, please continue to put your projects in the appropriate section. Brooders and incubators in the hatching section, coops etc in the coops section.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by