DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

Pics
Hi All,
Just found this thread, and saying hello so I can find it again
smile.png

Scott

Last edited:
Thats awesome. I need to do that. Im really new the whole thing. 5 chicks. 2 easters eggers, buff orph, silverd hair sumthin, another that I call Bar Code cause I cant remember the name and hes black n white stripes and looks like a barcode and i'm not sure of the other breed. Thanks for sharing.

dollarbill you sound like me identifying your birds. I like to incubate eggs but have never raised any until this year. I got 24 eggs from someone I didn't know, that had about 100 chickens in his coop. He said, Just go out there and get however many you want.I got 12 hatched out and 12 shrink wrapped, a couple died, and now I have 9 with 3 roosters and 6 hens about 18wks old and raising hell. Most are black, one is brown, 2 are like your barcode's black and white. I don't know what they are and I'm not trying to find out, they're fun to have, and watch. Welcome to the forum bill

Last edited:
Excellent design and job building!! I really like this!! I built a chicken feed "hopper" for inside the coop, it should hold about 100lbs feed. I am about convenience!! I like how you used tin for the roof, really durable!!

I have a few pics. This is a pic of a covered outside feeder that is in the chicken yard. I only have to fill it up every 2 weeks. It holds enough feed for 150+ chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc. It can stay in the weather and the feed does not get wet or moldy because it has a covered roof.

I"ll look for more pics to post.

I'm using rabbit waterers again this year in my brooders. They work really well as long as the ball doesn't get stuck up inside the tube. I do check them often. It is important to install them at the right angle.
Here's a photo.

I also made a VERY simple feeder that seems to be working really well.

I'm using rabbit waterers again this year in my brooders. They work really well as long as the ball doesn't get stuck up inside the tube. I do check them often. It is important to install them at the right angle. Here's a photo. I also made a VERY simple feeder that seems to be working really well. [/quote How do you get them to use the rabbit bottle??

I ordered brooder bottle caps from The Chicken Fountain and will post how they work for week old chicks. They had free shipping on my order! Can't wait to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom