DIY Thread - Let's see your "Inventions".

I used the mini cups on a bucket last year. I LOVE the mini cups, but the necks did freeze. Even with the warmer water from the aquarium heater. But the necks are much smaller than the pipe on the nipple waterer above.

You can read the saga here if you're interested. I love 'em for summer, but not using for winter again. This post does show the bucket and the heater I used: http://naturalchickenkeeping.blogspot.com/2013/02/poultry-cup-drinkers-waterers-winter.html

I did make an ALL GLASS waterer (I hate plastic) that I'll do a post on in the next few days. Was inspired by mlowen. I will be using them year-round and will sell some to other folks if they want one but don't want to invest in the tool or are afraid of working with glass. Will post soon.

That was a very nice write up! Very neat how you use marbles with the heater too. Glad to hear that heater worked for the winter.

Last edited:
Chicken hospital...for isolating a sick/bully or quarantine. Old playhouse with wired opening, crate as nest- branch for roost and regular feeder/water.

One of our barrel composters

Our homemade chicken plucker. Rubber bungee cords - PVC 4inch cap - bolt -washers. Lock to power drill.

One of our Hoop houses - PVC - netting & tarp.

Back
Top Bottom