do any of these look to be roosters?

Bottom one is feathering like my Wheaten roos do. The others look to have large combs and I bet they are the cornish x

They end up usually with leg problems because of their weight. They are bred as meat birds.

If you are loking for layers I don't think you'll be too happy.

Sorry

Last edited:
deffinitely look like Cx's :-( sorry I raised them this past fall and they look EXACTLY like them!. They are not meant to grow old:( They are meant to grow for 8-10 weeks max and be processed. They will start to develope leg issues from their weight gains and possibly flip or heart attacks due to growth rate. NOW..you can limit their feed intake and ration their feed at about 6 weeks slow them down and let them live longer-but watch what you feed them and keep them leaner than they should be. I know of alot of folks on here that have raised them and they lived 1-2 years-got up to 15+ lbs but they did live longer very rarely do they live long enough to lay eggs... I dont mean to be the barrer of bad news but you asked and I think you should know whats coming if we are all correct on breed of chickens you have-good luck
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom