Do chickens hide?

If I type it again they will call it nonsense again. I will try to type it and get the point across. It was Shizu but with a T in it.
smile.png

So funny about the "nonsense". Glad you found where RIR. Let us know if she stays put or goes off and hides again.

Our girls always disappear in the afternoon. It took a few days of this to find they like to dig up underneath the egg plant to escape the mid-day heat.

glad you found her! wow! oh, and i bet you just misspelled the dog's breed... I also have a Shih Tzu. But if you spell it wrong- it comes out really bad. LOL!! Anyway, glad your hen is back and that is funny that she was so close, but blended in so well!

Chickens can squeeze into really tiny places, and ours love to hide out under bushes, under the stone wall and behind the shed etc. You will need to keep her confined for a while or she'll just go back to where she had her nest.

Oh, thank you all for sharing your experiences with your "hiding" chickens with me. We have already lost two to neighbor dogs, so didn't want to lose another one. So very glad we found her safe and sound. And a special thank you for the spelling correction. I rely too much on spell check but they don't have it here.
wink.png

Glad to read the conclusion to the story was a happy one. Our RIR is the best at hiding especially after dogs come in our yard. We too have lost two of our hens to neighbor dogs and it makes me upset. I'm glad yours is safe and healthy.

One of my hens were gone for three weeks I never saw them I thought they were dead but then one day I saw her walking around with some chicks maybe yours has a secret nest somewhere like mine did

Back
Top Bottom