Do crows possess a threat?

Thanks Miss Lydia! It's sometimes hard to tell in pictures or videos, but they are way too small to be Pekins but larger than Calls. This is her first time being a mother, and so far no problems! She does leave them behind a lot of the time though, but the minute I pick them up she's tugging on my shoelaces.

For the majority of the day they are in a covered dog run with their pond. A few times a day we all go for a walk and the crow joins us. Myself or mama duck scares him off. Ill just have to make sure the ducks never leave my sight for now
Yep looking at your avatar they could easily pass for Pekin Ducklings. She doesn't like you cuddling her babies. lol I bet they have grown and why no recent pics or videos??
pop.gif

I didn't even know white mallards existed!

I posted this one yesterday on a different thread.
We're working on our routines and playing nicely together.
The older three like to make me look bad infront of the newbies:rolleyes:

You can see the crow in the back stragling near the end
Of the video.

I didn't even know white mallards existed!

I posted this one yesterday on a different thread.
We're working on our routines and playing nicely together.
The older three like to make me look bad infront of the newbies:rolleyes:

You can see the crow in the back stragling near the end
Of the video.

That's hilarious the babies behave better than the adults.. They are so adorable. So the other 2 don't mind the babies?

That's hilarious the babies behave better than the adults.. They are so adorable.   So the other 2 don't mind the babies? 

I haven't seen a single sign of aggression, and I'm watching them all the time. Maybe when they grow a bit, my drake might then? But so far they all nap together in the sun. The adults make a circle around the babies when they do that. Its pretty cute. I'm trying to get a picture of that, but they always wake up because they think were going for a walk.

Oh, OK. Yes, it's hard to tell in the videos. They are cute!

With wild mallards, I've noticed that most drakes will ignore ducklings until they are about a month old. Some drakes get aggressive with male ducklings older than that, but not always.

Last edited:
Oh, OK. Yes, it's hard to tell in the videos. They are cute!

With wild mallards, I've noticed that most drakes will ignore ducklings until they are about a month old. Some drakes get aggressive with male ducklings older than that, but not always.
Lets hope it doesn't happen here, this is such a sweet family of ducks.

I lost two ducklings to crows - on the short supervised walk from the newly hatched nest into the safety pen :( the rest of the babies locked with mama in a safe spot crow proof until at least two weeks old

Back
Top Bottom