Do delawares have sex linked barring?

Floof

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 28, 2015
Just curious if delawares also have sex linked barring like the barred rock. I know that delawares can be used to make red sex links but am curious if they can also be used to make black sex links. Thanks in advance! (My husband is grateful I have this community so I don't have to test it out myself lol)

Just curious if delawares also have sex linked barring like the barred rock. I know that delawares can be used to make red sex links but am curious if they can also be used to make black sex links. Thanks in advance! (My husband is grateful I have this community so I don't have to test it out myself lol)
The Deleware originated from a Barred Rock and New Hampshire cross.

No, there is no way to tell.

The Deleware originated from a Barred Rock and New Hampshire cross.
Barring can be bred out after a cross like that so mostly I'm just not sure if the black in the hackle and tail are actually caused by the same barring gene or not. I'll play with the calculator to figure it out :rolleyes:

...well that's just not true. A breed is a standard and predictable set of genetics. It's not a guessing game or a lottery.
No, I mean there’s not a difference in pattern in purebred chicks. That was one of your questions, right? They don’t have a pattern/head spot difference.

Good read and will answer your question. https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/delaware-chicken/

Back
Top Bottom