do ducks eat wasps?

i have seen my chickens try to catch flys its really funny dont know whether they have ever got any.
i have seen them eat spiders and snails

They might eat a wasp once. :eek: Then they learn their lesson. I watched one of my ducklings catch a hornet and try to eat it but it stung her inside the mouth and she quickly spit it out.

I watched a bumble bee flying around my baby ducks, the ducks ran and screamed like little girls LOL Can't blame the ducks though, the bee was almost as big as they were.

I have 2 drakes that will eat wasps all the time. One is khaki campbell the other is saxony. The other 7 will eat them if they come close to them but are not at all as intent on eating every wasp that they can chase down.

I read that ducks eat flys. I have tons of wasps and hornets, yucky stingy things. Do ducks eat them? Or maybe some other poultry?

Ducks aren't natural predators of stinging flying insects. I don't think any poultry are. Mine snap at them, but they snap at everything that flies around their heads. I don't think they've ever caught one.

The best way to get rid of things like that is to eliminate the nests. I get rid of the bothersome ones near the house and leave the rest alone. As annoying as wasps are, they're actually beneficial insects because they control other damaging insects.

Back
Top Bottom