Do ducks every get full?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tonycarbs, Nov 5, 2009.

1. tonycarbs

tonycarbs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2009
    My Pekings never seem to get full. I think they'd eat till they died.

Am I not feeding them enough or are they just like that?

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    to answer your question:

NO! lol, they are always hungry, even after you just fed them. mine like to beg and whine for food, esp when people are over, and embarrass me like i never feed them... i give them food all day long... lol. they are just moo cows. (I always ask my ducks, "So are you guys ducks? cause you look like pigs to me!")

the good thing is, when they don't want to eat, it's usually a good indicator that something is wrong.

3. tonycarbs

tonycarbs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2009
    Good!

I've had ducks for a few years now and have never thought to ask other duck owners about this.

I guess they are just more annoying now since I have so many now.

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    More than one person has called ducks
    'pigs with feathers'.

[​IMG]

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Saw the question and immediately thought NO [​IMG] They act like they are starving, I swear they even eat in their sleep [​IMG]

6. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Thats funny my calls do get full i give them a scoop of feed in the morning and it last all day sometimes 2 days if i fill the scoop full.
    They eat on and off all day on what they are fed and they have never acted like little pigs.
    I guess calls are different from big ducks as far as appetite go's

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

You know, I don't have ducks, but I always watch ducks wherever I see them, because I just think they are so cute and funny, and they ARE eating the entire time!!! I never even thought about it, but they are crunching and munching whatever and wherever they wander . . .isn't that funny!!! Poor starving little ducks!!! That was funny . . .acting like you starve them in front of company!!! [​IMG]

8. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    My campbells always seem to get full really easily, they'd rather be out foraging fing their own food [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  9. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I have noticed that my campbells are the same way. Every morning when I put feed out they take a few bites but then are off foraging leaving the rest to the muscovys. They Muscovys however would eat until they popped if I let them [​IMG]

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:Thats how my calls are i feed them they have a little and go swim or forage they come back to the feed throughout the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by