Do ducks poop while theyre sleeping?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by halecards, Jun 28, 2011.

1. halecards

halecards Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    This is probably a stupid question, but we all know that ducks poop like every 30 seconds, but do they poop while they're sleeping or while they are cooped up for night?? [​IMG]

2. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    I wanna know too! So i dont wake up to a room full of poop (Indoor duck to be) I was gonna keep him in a pet carrier by the bed and then in the morning either take a shower with him [​IMG] [​IMG] or after school let him have a bath! It would be nice if they dont poop in their sleep so that in the morning i dont wake up to a HUGE mess!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yes, they do.

4. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    CRAP! lol

5. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    They sure do I fells asleep last night with Gwen on her blanket on the floor no diaper. Woke up to a huge mess

6. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh yeah, they sure do, LOL. They are soo good at it, they don't need to be conscious for it [​IMG]

7. Calea

Calea Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    Not only will they poop, but they will play in it and fling it around too [​IMG]

8. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Once they are bigger and full grown they can actually wear their diaper all night because they do not poop as much lol. Mine get lucky enough to do that on the weekends [​IMG] And why shower with a rubber duckie when you have real ones! [​IMG] Mine love to jump in the shower and scare the crud out of me everytime i go in lol.

9. halecards

halecards Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Lol ok! Thanks guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by