Do hens crow?

Gloworm57

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
I noticed this morning that I have a supposedly hen that crows. I am not sure. I saw days ago that this particular hen is exceptionally tall and is only 4 months old. I was told that the 6 chicks were females. I do not want a rooster in the coop.

If it's possible, post a picture an upload a video of the crowing. You probably have a cockerel but, sometimes a pullet making noices to a new ear sounds like a crow. We need pictures of your pullet and a video of the noise. Make a YouTube video and upload the link so we can see it.

I noticed this morning that I have a supposedly hen that crows. I am not sure. I saw days ago that this particular hen is exceptionally tall and is only 4 months old. I was told that the 6 chicks were females. I do not want a rooster in the coop.
Did you get the chicks from a hatchery of farm store?
Sexing of chicks is only about 90% accurate....
.....less if they may have been mixed up at a farm store.

I'm having the same issue. I have two 'hens' which crow every morning, getting me into trouble with the neighbor. I promised my neighbor that hens were not like roosters, and would be on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do to stop the crowing? They are both roughly 4 months old, and both seem to crow.

I'm having the same issue. I have two 'hens' which crow every morning, getting me into trouble with the neighbor. I promised my neighbor that hens were not like roosters, and would be on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do to stop the crowing? They are both roughly 4 months old, and both seem to crow.
Pictures?

E7E890C4-F21F-410B-8D63-C8B93924E7B2.jpeg

5316D7BF-92F0-4B24-A6D2-38235954B5BB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom