Do I have a Roo?

mduggins

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 27, 2013
I bought this 13 week old as a chick. The feed store said it was a Buff Orpington. haha. I suspected it was a rooster very early on. We can't have roosters in the city here, so if it is a roo, I'm going to need to find a good home. What do you think? Hen or Rooster? Thanks for your help.

Hen and It isnt a buff orpington. It is an Easter Egger. Also someone will probably tell she is not since she dosent have a beard, but I have one identical to her that is an EE. She is beardless and has a single comb. Overall feed stores dont really know a lot about the chicks they are selling. But oh well you have a suprise chicken!

Congratulations! You get to keep her
yippiechickie.gif

wee.gif
YIPEEE!!

Thank you Thank you!!! I am super happy. She is the most aloof of my 4, and flies the highest and fastest. But she is so beautiful. I'm super happy I don't need to get rid of her. She is really bonded to one of the gals in the flock and its so cool how they hang together, caring for each other. YEA!!
woot.gif

yesss.gif

Well, she's just beautiful. She is 24 weeks old today and she gave me this present!

A green egg!! It looked more green, then I rinsed off the eggs, and when I went to snap a photo, it looked like it was fading into white! Is that possible?
Yea!!

Here is her photo today. Happy & healthy, Penelope, we call her Penny - like Henny Penny. LOL.

Henny Penny Souffle!

Back
Top Bottom