Do I have ANY even slight chance this could be a girl? Belgian d’Uccle

No certainly not we are in town which is why I only wanted to buy sexed hens. I’ve never had ones this young before but I was finding impossible to find any point of lay where we are (we were in QLD when we got our other bantams and I only had ex-battery before them), we even drove an hr to a sale and came home with nothing as they didn’t have any sexed bantams (husband was very disappointed to drive 2+hrs and not return with hens).
QLD... An Aussie! Another Aussie! Yay! That’s a cockerel you’ve got and sorry you can’t keep him.

Hi guys. I have a Belgian D’Uccle that I was sold as a hen which now after doing some research I think is actually a roo. They lovely young guy said he will take it back but I want to know if there is ANY chance (or if anyone has ever had this happen) that I could just have an early comb development on a hen as it is a
Lovely bird handles well and me and my daughter already adore it after a few weeks. I have seen some hens of this breed do have larger combs than others so even though I know it’s u likely part of me is still holding hope. It’s 2 months old.
I do not know about your chicken. May be a cockerel. I have the same issue with one of mine- supposed to be sex linked - cream legbar plus whatever mated with it in the barnyard. Abigail ? Adam is 12 weeks old. Same question- is it a he or she? I live in town- no roos allowed. :(
Abigail 12 wks.JPG

I do not know about your chicken. May be a cockerel. I have the same issue with one of mine- supposed to be sex linked - cream legbar plus whatever mated with it in the barnyard. Abigail ? Adam is 12 weeks old. Same question- is it a he or she? I live in town- no roos allowed. :(View attachment 2455502
Despite the large comb - pullet.
How is it supposed to be sex-linked?

Despite the large comb - pullet.
How is it supposed to be sex-linked?
From what I understand, the males have a less uniform spot on the head. I don't know. Seems to me, it would depend on whatever breed the hen was that mated with the legbar. I have one chick yellow, one chick red
Bonnie 12 wks.JPG
Deb 12 wkd.JPG
Abigail 12 wks.JPG
Abigail arrived 9.17.20.jpg
Bonnie arrived 9.17.20.jpg
Deb arrived 9.17.20.jpg
and one chick salmon and grey- all Lakeshore Eggers.

Hi guys. I have a Belgian D’Uccle that I was sold as a hen which now after doing some research I think is actually a roo. They lovely young guy said he will take it back but I want to know if there is ANY chance (or if anyone has ever had this happen) that I could just have an early comb development on a hen as it is a
Lovely bird handles well and me and my daughter already adore it after a few weeks. I have seen some hens of this breed do have larger combs than others so even though I know it’s u likely part of me is still holding hope. It’s 2 months old.
20201204_10372515.jpg

I think this is how the guy I got him off is thinking as he doesn’t want to call it as a boy and is saying 50/50 and just to wait and he will take it back if need be.
Absolutely, 100%, no doubt about it, a cockerel.
My pullets didn't have combs like that till 6 months old and laying.
Surprised he hasn't started to crow yet.
He's a beautiful boy :)

I would agree with everyone else and say cockerel, but I have a pullet who got a red comb at six weeks old and is now laying eggs. Her name is Rooster because we thought for sure she was a cockerel. I don’t have any good photos of her at that age but here’s a more recent one.
5283B278-3E65-4446-843A-43EBBC71F72C.jpeg

I would agree with everyone else and say cockerel, but I have a pullet who got a red comb at six weeks old and is now laying eggs. Her name is Rooster because we thought for sure she was a cockerel. I don’t have any good photos of her at that age but here’s a more recent one.View attachment 2455745
She has female feathering.

To me at least, this cockerel appears to have male feathering. The coloring is very splotchy and I beleive I see saddles beginning to poke out.

Back
Top Bottom