Do I live on a farm?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Campine Lover, May 30, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    My city folk classmates are always asking me, "Do you live on a farm?" I have A LOT of pets, which include chickens and horses. When they hear that, they think FARM. Technically, isn't it like a very SMALL farm, becasue we raise the chickens and sell their eggs. We are also selling fruits and veggies..... so, isn't it a farm? Sorta. I dunno. It's 60 by 120 feet. It would be cool if it were a farm, though. what do you think?

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

When I went to live with my Dad in Arkansas the first question that was asked upon hearing I was from Texas was...

"Do you ride a horse to school?"

I said "Do you ride a cow?"

Goobs. If you're happy calling your home a farm, then go for it. If you aren't then that's good too.

Snotty kids and their opinions can kiss my, or my chicken's, toe.

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    You can call you home anything you like!

Here in Montana we have 20 acres, this is concidered a lot. In order to be concidered a mini-farm you need a minimum of 500 acres.......so...............

who cares anyway! [​IMG]

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    You can always say it's a "hobby farm"

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

No, sorry it isn't a farm.

6. Ashmeade

Ashmeade Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    I have heard things like that referred to as "farmettes"...

7. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    I'm thinking "urban farm".

...JP

8. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    I live on a quarter acre, and in NY state it's registered as Reyven's Roost Farm, so heck yah if you want to be a farm you sure can!

9. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    When people hear I have chickens, they immediately assume I live on a farm. [​IMG] Or, they don't really assume, they TELL me I have a farm. "Oh, yes, I have chickens." "Wow, you have a farm!" Uh, no. [​IMG]

farm -
    –noun
    a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood.
    land or water devoted to the raising of animals, fish, plants, etc.: a pig farm; an oyster farm; a tree farm.
    a similar, usually commercial, site where a product is manufactured or cultivated: a cheese farm; a honey farm.

That's the real definition of farm, so I bet you that your "farm" could fit into criteria. If you want it to be one, then it can be. [​IMG]

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Sounds like you need to name you very own little "farm". My girls call our house a farm-after we got livestock! LOL...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by