Do I need to spray the eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sheeshshe, Mar 1, 2013.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    I have 2 duck eggs in the incubator, due to hatch on Sunday. My friend told me I must spray them with water. I have a Brinsea mini advance and there is a special cup to put water in, which I filled to the top this morning. Is this sufficient, or do I really need to go out and buy a spray bottle?

2. sheeshshe

May 6, 2009
    anyone?

3. jimlas

jimlas Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    I started spraying mine half way through the incubation period, 21 days today, as their air cells were not enlarging at all. Misting them once at night when I take them out to cool for a few minutes seemed to have done the trick. Lock down on Tuesday. When are yours due to hatch? What kind of ducks? Mine are Khaki Cambells

4. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    No, you do not need to mist the eggs. The water tray in your fancy little incubator should do jus fine! Do you have a hygrometer to measure the humidity? If not, I would get one. They help a lot.

5. sheeshshe

May 6, 2009
    I do not have one, the thing is so small, there isn't any place to put one. I did hatch out 2 chicks last sunday in it. the ducks are due tomorrow. :) they are either ancona or something else, my friend has anconas and something else. she's hoping at least one is ancona :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by