1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do I need to take this feed back?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by keeperofthehearth, Apr 21, 2008.

1. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

My DH just picked up #50 of 24% Chick Starter listed for starting Turkeys, Phesant, Chukar(sp). I usually pick up the 20% chick starter.
    I have 3wk & 1 wks old chicks plus 2 -1wk old ducklings. Can I use this for all of them or would it be best to take it back for the 20%?

2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Sorry, I can't help with that.... but I just HAD to comment on your avatar! ADORABLE!!!! [​IMG]

3. keeperofthehearth

Thanks Guitartists! I thought of changing it to a pic of one of my chickens but I just love that pic so much I haven't done so. That's a pic of our Shelti Shelby and our cat Ari. They are buds. [​IMG] Ari admires Shelby's lack of fear of the foxes(she chases them off) and Shelby admires Ari's rodent hunting skills.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think the ducks need the higher protein feed you have, and 24% seems low for a turkey/game bird starter. Your chicks should be fine on it.

5. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    I am laughing at myself... I read your title and thought it would be something along the lines of someone leaving you bad feedback on ebay and whether or not you just had to take it or could you do something about it. Ahh..... the tonelessness of the internet.

6. keeperofthehearth

Thanks Silkie! DH will be pleased!

7. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    yes you can feed that feed to both your younger an older chicks.it wont hurt them at all.

8. keeperofthehearth

Will Do! Thanks all. I really did not want to take that bag back but was unsure if the higher protien would be a prob. Glad it isn't and I think I will go ahead & mix the 20% & 24% till the 20% is gone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by