Do I need to use all racks in the egg turner?

mrbstephens

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Long Island, New York
I'm incubation chicken eggs and I'm on day 4. I had only put two racks in the egg turner all the way to the left. I see the egg turner turning to the left and then straight, but haven't seen it turned right. Is this right? Should I have used all of the racks in the turner? Did I mess something up?

im not sure if you have done anything wrong but leave them until day whenever you candle them and you will find out then

That shouldn't effect the egg turner I would say its probably turning right and you aren't seeing it or maybe there is a block I always put eggs in the middle its warmer there and more stable in my incubator at least if this is a old turner you may need a new one

If its a newly bought egg turner you could try returning it and getting a different one if you are worried I would say as long as the eggs are turned somewhat they will be ok though

I think that the turning is only to stop the yolk sticking to the shell so as long as it turns it should be fine also you could phone u the supplier of the incubator and ask them

It makes a clicking sound. I don't remember it doing that before, but I've usually kept it in the garage. It's been so cold this year that I'm using it in the hallway this time. So, even if it's not turning right it will be OK?

pingu1 is right eggs are turned to prevent sticking to the shell as long as the yolk is turned they should be ok
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom