DO I STOP BIRD FIGHTS?

jesse ohara

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2015
Graham Wa
MY TURKEY FOUND OUT HE'S BIGGER THEN THE BANTYS (7weeks). chickens tried to challenge(bully) my turkey(3+weeks) and the turkey kicked her little but, draged her around coop with her face! Ah..no blood yet but I felt I needed to break them up? should I have done that or let them at it????? today I put turkey in coop and all was ok (mostly). have a long handled fly swatter (just to shue them around,NEVER HIT!) had to place in between them each took a long look, then went there different ways. DO I STOP FIGHTS?? OR LET THEM GO AT IT????????? TURKEY WILL ONE DAY SOON! BE BIG ENOUGH TO KILL CHICKENS??????

Last edited:
If you let them "go at it" you will end up with a severely injured or dead bantam.

I would separate asap before some of my bantams were killed.

Last edited:
If these were mine I would seperate the turkey and keep it away from the bantams before they get killed. I've not had turkeys and I'm certainly no turkey expert but I have read that it's not reccomended to keep them with chickens.

Last edited:
MOST LIKELY WILL DO LATER. turkey is in coop (chicken wired off from rest) with my baby jersey giants(3), who they think is Momma! i don't have any unsupervised "play" time, and will not have. turkey home will be a wired in horse stall(dumb horses refuse to use any way) thanks for info!

what about chicken fights I have 8 bantys , 8 RIRs , 3 JGs should I break up "CHICKEN" fights????

Last edited:
I have 2 broad breasted turkeys that have grown up with 4 of my chickens. I have had them together every since they were chicks. They get along great. Just have to keep them seperated, but close together for a week or so, and then try putting them together and see what happens. Takes time.

Back
Top Bottom