do khaki cambells lay on their eggs?

BlossomR

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2021
Question so i have kaki ducks my oldest female has been laying 1-2 eggs per 24hrs but she has no initiative to sit on them. should i keep her locked up with her eggs or do kakis just not sit on their eggs..

she is just about 2 years old.. ive hatched her ducklings before in an incubator as well.

if im being completely honest she lays eggs in early morning then doesnt sit at all durning the day...

Sounds like she's never been broody. Some hens and ducks won't brood, period. Some will brood after each egg or two (which is annoying). It can be convenient to have a broody hen or duck, you can try getting another duck and seeing if she's broody more (or put an ad on craigslist, see if anyone's getting rid of a frequent broody?) Theres really no way to MAKE a bird go broody. She sounds like a good egg layer and that's great : D

yeah she lays a bunch of eggs but it is a little annoying to have her not hatch her own babies.
thank you for helping me out :thumbsup

Sounds like she's never been broody. Some hens and ducks won't brood, period. Some will brood after each egg or two (which is annoying). It can be convenient to have a broody hen or duck, you can try getting another duck and seeing if she's broody more (or put an ad on craigslist, see if anyone's getting rid of a frequent broody?) Theres really no way to MAKE a bird go broody. She sounds like a good egg layer and that's great : D
so there is no way to make them go broody?

Back
Top Bottom