do leghorns have 'green feet'?

I have 4 leghorns, and two of them have green feet! You can really see them on the cockerel in this pic.
20200731_162740.jpg

Leghorns should not have green feet.
It's likely yours are crosses, after all.
Easter Eggers have green shanks. But yours doesn't have the typical EE pea comb.
If you cross certain breeds you'll probably get green legged birds.
Yours are probably crosses, in the very least.

I have 4 leghorns, and two of them have green feet! You can really see them on the cockerel in this pic.
View attachment 2275744
The bird with orange-yellow feet could be a white Wyandotte.

View attachment 2275744
Bird in front has a pea comb, so most likely part Easter Egger himself. A few breeds can have the green/willow legs of Easter Eggers, Sicilian Buttercups and White Jersey Giants come to mind. Green is the slate legged pigment on a yellow skinned bird, on a white skinner bird the legs would be slate

There are a handful of pure breeds with greenish legs, none are Leghorns. Easter eggers can and do usually have green legs. Leghorns should only ever have yellow legs and either a single comb or rose comb. Leghorns should be identifiable by their large white earlobes too. Anything else and they’re hybrids or mixes.
Ok, thanks everyone... tat is what I thought, the woman who sold me these "leghorns" had easter eggers, too. but maybe she didn't realize that they, too, can be all yellow, fluff, that then turns to white feathers. BTW: I do have another 'easter egger" who is pure white... with the green legs. personally I don't care, but too bad the person who is ordering these from a hatchery, and reselling them didn't know the difference...lol

Back
Top Bottom