Do Leghorns Really Eat Less?

I have had several breeds and Leghorns rock! Small bird, egg laying machines. I do have a problem with there lifespan, I seem to loose more leghorns than any other breed. I have had four of them just show up in the nesting box...dead. I still recommend them. Mine will eat out of my hand but that is about as friendly as she gets.

I have had several breeds and Leghorns rock! Small bird, egg laying machines. I do have a problem with there lifespan, I seem to loose more leghorns than any other breed. I have had four of them just show up in the nesting box...dead. I still recommend them. Mine will eat out of my hand but that is about as friendly as she gets.
Well that makes me feel better! lol Just looking through posts to see if I am doing something wrong or how long other people’s leghorns last. I have had a couple go that were only 3 years old go and wondered what I am doing wrong. They just seem to have more problems. I had a post-mortem exam done on one for curiosity and also make sure nothing contagious for my others… she had tumours and one ruptured. From what I see and everything I seem to read, the breed is just factory made and genetics aren’t meant to last. I have a couple barnyard mixes the same age and not a problem as of yet. At least that’s what I tell myself or maybe I really am just a bad chicken keeper 😬😆

Back
Top Bottom