Do my geese need toys?

Leader Bee

Songster
Jun 22, 2018
They don't have a huge space to play around in and hide in bushes etc. Do they need anything for mental enrichment? I'd get bored with nothing but food and grass to peck at

Thanks goosebaby, those balls are a great idea! I was actually thinking about some rubber tubing I could tie to the inside of their mesh run...you know, like the sort used in scientific equipment??? Seems like it would be tough enough to endure pecking...I noticed they like stringy Hong's because they're always after my laces 😂

Ended up ordering goose harnesess last night and decided to pick up a nibbly toy for them at the same time. Hope it was worth the money and they don't just leave it like they did with the peas i left out for them last night too.

So,etc,es it takes them awhile to develop an interest in toys, some do, some don’t, some will decide it’s the most wonderful thing in the universe after not giving it a second thought for six months.

I just don't want them to be bored. I keep thinking of all those poor goldfish people keep in a bowl with nothing but water 😭😭😢

Back
Top Bottom