Do Peacocks and roosters fight?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hello everyone. When summer comes I plan on getting me some peafowl. They will free range dring the day, but will be put in with the chickens at night. Will the roosters and peacocks fight?

If at all possible I would suggest that you house them separate. Chickens can carry diseases and such that are hard on peafowl and enclosing them together only up's the risk. Peafowl can be very bossy and even aggressive to other fowl when enclosed in small quarters but it also has a lot to do with the personality of your fowl, some get along others pick at each other......... some can't stand to even smell each other.....

Quote:
Mine all get along just fine. The peacocks are at the top of the pecking order tho. So if they want food or a spot on the roost, the chickens need to get outatheway
smile.png

I only have a white pea hen, and she is in with my Ameraucanas. whenever I add a new one to the coop she attacks them,but then she is fine. I was hoping to raise lots of them, but at this rate she is 2 years with out a mate and I don't forsee myself getting a male this year...so I might sell her to a good home instead.

Good luck getting them to go in at night!

Mine free range, although they often go in the chicken coop just to check it out and see if I have put some nifty treats in there or some such.

They are often in the yard with the chickens, who also free range, and they never have a problem with them.

Once in a while one of the Peas chases my turkey guy, who runs right away.

Catherine

Mine get along for the most part. My single peacock had a place of his own, but chooses to be with the chickens. He will roost with them on cold nights and in a tree on not so cold nights.However....he's a yr old now and wanting a girlfriend. My hens are not impressed.
10805_sillybirds_003.jpg

10805_sillybirds_005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom