Do Polish hens go broody?

ChickenCrazy848

Hatching
Jul 26, 2016
Hi!!
frow.gif

I have a polish hen that my buff orpington hatched last year and was wondering if polish chickens go broody??

Also, is there any techniques to making a hen go broody as my Buff has just hatched ONE chick and all the other eggs were infertile
hit.gif
and want to hatch some more to keep this chick company!!
I have a Polish hen - about 1 and 1/2 years old
A french Harliquin - about 4-5 years old
and a Buff with a 2 month Chick.

Do any have a chance of going broody? guess the buff wont as has a chick in tow

how do you encourage a chicken to go broody and do polish go broody!!???

Last edited:
I've had one out of my three Polish hens go broody several times. She's sitting on a set of her own eggs right now. So it's possible!

Thanks - this is my first time letting one of my hens "set". I hope Priscilla gets at least one chick for all her hard work.

You are most welcome and I too hope she gets a reward for all her hard work. I too was the same with my hen, she did such a fab job at setting and was a great mother. I gave her 5 eggs but she broke one the first time she got off the nest so was left with 4. She did good though and all 4 hatched. It was fantastic to see them once she got off the nest.

How adorable! My Priscilla has herself a little family too. I'm astounded at how well she takes care of them -- and defends them even though she's the smallest in a large mixed flock. Everyone's integrated now, and getting along. Priscilla also taught the babies to run up to me for food!

How adorable! My Priscilla has herself a little family too. I'm astounded at how well she takes care of them -- and defends them even though she's the smallest in a large mixed flock. Everyone's integrated now, and getting along. Priscilla also taught the babies to run up to me for food!
Wow I love this pic :love Priscilla looks and sounds to be a fantastic mother! She sure is a pretty polish!

Back
Top Bottom