Do rooster collars really work?

Haha. I live in a neighborhood barely outside city limits. $800,000-$2,500,000 homes. 1 acre lots. I bought 18 chickens last year. Lost 3. 1 to neighbors dog. 2 to health issues. This year we bought 8 more and hatched 20-30. Now I've got 40-50 chickens! lol. 3 roosters. I'm looking at crow collars. I'll at least try them out. From what I've read, they don't stop crowing. They just lower the volume. It's nice to consider the neighbors, but also nice to help them stretch their own limits. I deliver fresh eggs to my neighbors for free occassionally. Probably helps a little.
I never got one due to the fear of him choking. Beleave it or not but of all the nehbors I have talked to they all don't mind his crowing and some like it. You can try it I would just make shure its not too tight and I would take it off on hot days so he can breathe

What was the result of this? did you end up using a crow collar? it doesnt work on my silkie roo that was suppose to be a hen of course... just wondering if it would work on a orpington roo since thir neck width is bigger. I live in a city but love roosters... my neighbors do not lol.

Back
Top Bottom