Do roosters crow ALL the time?

Totally depends on the rooster. Some crow a lot some crow a little. I've been blessed with the best rooster in the world who usually doesn't even crow until I let him out in the morning. On the other hand some peoples roosters crow every hour..you just have to test him out and see what kind of personality he has lol.

Thanks Adrianapost. Also, if a cockerel starts crowing, do they keep crowing ]? Or is it possible for a cockerel to try it out once and not crow again for weeks?

I have found that Rooster pretty much crow any time they wish :) My current boy crows whenever he sees me coming to feed and sometime at really odd times that we have figured out are mostly when he hears me talking. For example the other night he started crowing at like 3 am.. well I had just gotten home from a trip and was outside unpacking and talking to the family..

My grandmother used to tell me that the roosters crowed at sunrise because thats when the light came to earth and they could see again.. LOL .

It really depends on the Roo and his idea.. is he a "talker" or a "thinker"
yippiechickie.gif

Yes sometimes younger Roo'S will make some noise and then go quiet for a bit... They will work it out and learn :) They can be funny critters.

Mine crow all the time - even late at night. Once one starts they all take it in turns. If they hear the neighbours rooster, then they also start crowing back.

I have just got used to it and never notice any more. In fact, I notice now if its too quiet and I will go to see if something is wrong!

I have found that Rooster pretty much crow  any time they wish :)  My current boy crows whenever he sees me coming to feed and sometime at really odd times that we have figured out are mostly when he hears me talking.  For example the other night he started crowing at like 3 am.. well I had just gotten home from a trip and was outside unpacking and talking to the family..

My grandmother used to tell me that the roosters crowed at sunrise  because thats when the light came to earth and they could see again.. LOL .

It really depends on the Roo and his idea.. is he a "talker" or a "thinker" :yiipchick

Yes sometimes younger Roo'S will make some noise and then go quiet for a bit... They will work it out and learn :) They can be funny critters.

Mine does too everytime he sees or hears me he only does it with me i dont know whay that means. Odd times too if he hear my voice at any time he crows a few times then stops its always when he first sees or hears me after he hasnt seen me in a while he has done this since 3 weeks old he started crowing very young. I love hime hes so sweet im sad i have to get rid of him i live in thr city and im not aloud to have roosters.
1f622.png
ill miss u jack u were a good boy.

My rooster seems to crow mostly when:
I come up
when the rooster a few miles away crows
when I let a few hens out to free range
and also, for no reason.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom