Do suzzex eggs take longer to incubate

Pics

Rustysflock

Songster
Apr 7, 2018
Hello lovelies, we have suzzex chickens and hatching our first lot in an incubator. They have been in there 22 day and no signs of hatching-no pips. Done all the turning/candling/humidity as we were supposed to and stopped turning on day 19. We wondered if they hatch a little later being heavy fowl? Anyone know? Thank you xx

Hello lovelies, we have suzzex chickens and hatching our first lot in an incubator. They have been in there 22 day and no signs of hatching-no pips. Done all the turning/candling/humidity as we were supposed to and stopped turning on day 19. We wondered if they hatch a little later being heavy fowl? Anyone know? Thank you xx
They shouldn't. did you start counting at day 1 or day 0 when you put them in? it takes a while for them to get up to temperature.

was your incubator still air or forced air, and what were your temps? :)

Hi!
We started counting on day 1, incubator had been running a few hours and has been 38 degrees. Think its forced air?

Attachments

• 9485AE17-4C09-4BD6-A7F3-B674DCD30E6B.jpeg
    9485AE17-4C09-4BD6-A7F3-B674DCD30E6B.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 7
Ok great. Thank you!
Being our first time and that our 8 year old is ‘head chicken person’ i would hate for them to not hatch or for us to have doen something wrong!
Thanks again x

On day 22 now. No sign of pips? Temp says 38 degrees. Nowhere timo set humidity? Did fill up the well the day we stopped turning. Is there anything i can do?

On day 22 now. No sign of pips? Temp says 38 degrees. Nowhere timo set humidity? Did fill up the well the day we stopped turning. Is there anything i can do?
You could try candling one. The light on my phone is usually bright enough to see the Aircell.

If you shine a light in the rounded end of the eggs the aircell will light up. Then you could carefully draw around the outside of the aircell with pencil.

If you take a picture of that we would have a better idea of how theyre doing.

You might be able to see movement but its hard to at this point.

And yes the air cells were a good size on lock down. Will candle one now and get back to you. - sorry for late been out working today

Back
Top Bottom