Do these eggs look alright?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ktkid, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ktkid

ktkid Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    These eggs are at day 5. I can see the veins, but I can't see the Embryo itself is this a bad thing? any information is helpful. Thanks for looking! by the way this is my first time hatching and I need some help![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these two are the same egg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these two are the same egg
    [​IMG]

2. groundpecker

groundpecker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Rison, Arkansas
    My advice is to leave them alone in the bator until day 18 then candle. Every time you mess with the eggs, you could be hurting them.

3. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Those look great for 5 day eggs. Often you can't even see that much, especially with dark or colored shelled eggs. By about day 10 you should be able to see movement in the eggs. Don't expect every egg to move every time you look. They won't. Just like human babies they take naps & have quiet times even while developing.

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    VERY NICE for day 5!! you will see them moving soon!! CONGRATS!!!

5. BayGoose

BayGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    PA
    They look good to me for day 5. In the last picture, you can see a red mass next to the line of veins in the middle of the egg, that's probably the embryo. You may see movement very soon, probably within the next 2-3 days. Good luck with the hatch!

6. LukensFarms

LukensFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    Fort Collins, CO
    They look great. Just a reminder not to have lotion or other residues on your hands when checking them. You could harm them. Also don't handle them too much. They may not hatch in the end. I never candle unless I am checking a new incubator.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    How did your next candle go??? such wonderful pics I hope your taking more and videos!!

8. ktkid

ktkid Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2013
    It went well, I am on day 17 now. I go into lockdown tomorrow! Five out of the six eggs made it to lockdown. I have been taking pictures and videos and I will post them in a while! I'm So Excited!

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Congratulations keep us updated with love videos and pictuers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by