Do these look pure?

Animallover606

Songster
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
I was on craigslist and I saw this post for a pair or trio of red golden pheasants. I wanted to ask if these looked pure and if I was getting a good or bad deal. Thanks
Sorry if the link doesn't work
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/grd/3656176881.html

Judging from the photos the Red Golden look good. You can see the yellow on the legs of both the male and the hen. Can't really see the red around the eye of the hen but I think it probably just didn't show in the picture. Photo #2 is a 2 year old or better male and not one for your ad. The price is good for the pair of pheasants. The ad stated Gambel/Valley quail. The two are completely different species. California Valley birds are not Gambels. If your looking for Gambels, the photo and the price look real good. When buying grown birds its alway best if you can see the live birds first.

Thank you for the help both of you I'm surprised Tony didn't give his opinion as he really knows if they are hybrids or not. Thanks again and I'll be emailing him tonight!

It's hard to tell what is pure anymore.The adult bird looks good,but you can't tell on the younger birds yet,but I must say I don't ever think I had a spur on a young bird,Do you know the lineage?
In N.H.,Tony.

Golden pheasant looks about 7/8 not bad the hens are hard to see any good signs one way or another all in all not bad

Again thanks everyone for their input. I contacted them and he said that they were in fact pure. Unfortunatley he had sold them just a the day before, but he still has a few left over that he isn't sure if they are related or not. Thanks again!

Funny you ask this. I saw this post also looks like he is only about 45 minutes from me and I was wondering the same thing. I sent him an e-mail a few weeks ago and he never responded.

Back
Top Bottom