1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do They Work - Electric Fences

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by rhschulz2000, Jan 1, 2012.

1. rhschulz2000

rhschulz2000 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2011
    Interested in anyone experience with the standard 4' x 164' poultry electric netting. Does it keep out predators (those on the ground) during the day? If you have specifically used Kencove's Posi/Neg fencing I would also be interested in your satisfaction with it.

Thanks for responding to my post.

Bob

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Have no clue ! I got this st up for Xmas and will put It all up in Spring...It appears to be a great fix to predators but only time will tell....Were buying 2 more fencing panel set ups to give them a lot of space ....we just wanted something to protect the girls if we don't make it home on time for an early lock up....

3. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    ]I guess it would depend upon what types of predators you are trying to deter. I am not a real believer in the electric poultry netting as an effective means for detering larger and more determined predators like bobcats, bears and even raccoons. I have opted for a five wire electric fence that surrounds my entire coop and run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. mrcman

mrcman Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    NW Pa.
    The Pos-Neg fence is the one we use. I'm happy with it. Only been used one year now but havn't had any dogs coons or possums get in yet. Have had a fox snooping around but we havn't had any problems with him getting in either. I plan on getting another roll this spring to enlarge our area.

Tony

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by