do WE have to register?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChuckenGirl, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    Maryland Poultry Registration Laws

So we wont show our chickens, we dont give the eggs to stores but what if we:

1. Give the eggs to our friends/family?
    do we we have to get registered?

2. Sell the Eggs on our property, have a little "shack" on the side of the road or something like that and sell the eggs.
    Do we have to get registered?

2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

its looks like another goverment way to controll chickens.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This is the state level component of NAIS and yes, they are saying that if you own chickens, regardless of what you do or dont do with them, you are required to register your premises. I'm sorry about that. It's just an unconstitutional way to control the food supply, IMO.

4. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

() ()
    -----

Communism there taking over the food supply

5. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Thats one law I'd be breaking.

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I thought I read today that a cease and desist order was given to the government about NAIS as information from the Dept of AG census reports was being leaked to the NAIS Dept even though it was supposed to be confidential.

Along with the fact that it was turning out to not be "voluntary" and the impact studies and implementation plans were never done.

7. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I got something like that a few days ago in the mail. I got a form to fill out from the county wanting to know what our farm is used for, do we farm our land, do we have a hay business and # of farm animals and stuff like that. Now I got a poultry registration form. It asked how many, what they are used for, plans for diposal if one dies. I am not sure what it is for or why they need that info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by