Do you Coupon?

I am so surprised that there were no replies to this post...

I picked up 6 containers of pillsbury vanilla frosting and 4 bottles of right gaurd body wash at target today for $2 TOTAL after coupons. . . .
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
I just had to do my own little happy dance of that one
big_smile.png

That is only a good deal if you use either item. I would use neither so it would be a waste of money for me. Coupons work if you can use the item, to replace things that you might used instead of. Coupons are most often for items that are new to the market, or overpriced to begin with. I often rarely buy anything that I can make from scratch. I would rather own the makings for frosting, than eat anything out a of prepackage container. I have found that I even save on how much garbage I have to dump .

Anything thing that you have to store for much time, costs more than it's original purchase price, and even more if you have to dispose of it due to spoilage, or expiration date. It doesn't help that I have yet to find a store in the region that will allow the use of more than one coupon per item, and I have only seen one store double a coupon on a single item per store visit.

I do use coupons if I would have bought the item anyway. I do shop sale items, and eat around what's on sale. If I was going to try to save money at this point I would shop more at a local store that sells close to or expired items. I have found that it rarely pays to buy fruits and veggies this way. I buy those as needed and from the best source that I can. They spoil much slower than the same items at the discount store. I also don't travel very far to buy groceries. The cost of fuel is high enough, that it doesn't pay to go an extra 10 miles down the road to pay a little less. I have to factor in the cost of the round trip, and it is suddenly a 20 mile trip. The biggest saver of course is staying out of the store in the first place.

Websites?????
here are some that i use regularly, i know there are a couple i am forgetting, and i know there are a couple the are good, but not good/available in my region.

i like http://www.crazy-coupon-lady.com
because of how it is organized, and easy to search....
also, http://www.couponnetwork.com
http://www.grocerycouponnetwork.com

my other favourite websites
goya, silk, nestle, or arm and hammer, or whatever you are always buying... or i check if there is some new product i'd like to try.... they usually have even better coupons on those.

my least favourite is the grocery store flier... that's what i'm about to do right now.

I have coupons regularly for the past 5 years. I have to say it has become AWFUL since that stupid extreme couponing show came out. So many of the coupons used were fake or being used incorrectly...this teaching 'newbies' the wrong way, they go to the sore and pitch a for why they can't use a $10 coupon valid on crest whitestrips for their tide laundry soap and the. The person behind who is using coupons correctly gets the extra backlash ad checking out becomes ww3. It stinks. I have cut back from getting 10-12 papers a week to 3-4. We plan out our menus based what is on sale. We don't eat junk or a a whole lot of pre-packaged foods ..so that instantly makes our bill higher. We're starting a garden and chickens this spring. Hopefully that'll cut my bill some .. I've got 3 boys and a husband who has a healthy appetite!

yeah I agree the show is out there. i don't watch those shows anyway. We also have a garden and we freeze and can and we get a side of beef every year so my coupons mainly go for non food items. I seem to save a lot going that route.

Back
Top Bottom