Do You Ever Feel Like A Child.........................................

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
At Christmas the last 24 hours before a scheduled hatch???? Mine are due tomorrow and this morning I jumped out of bed to go check the bator
hu.gif
hoping they could be early risers, you know how it is.
The humidity was down to 46% so I have been monitoring it closely to try getting it up. I haven't opened the bator but I did add water using the vent holes at the top with a straw, the humidity is now at 52%, will this be ok? Or should I add more hot water?

I am like a kid a few weeks before Christmas! We have 20 days left to see if our eggs hatch!

Good Luck!

And remember the old saying about the pot of water won't boil if you watch it! Same goes with the bator.

heres a tip a good way to tell if the humidity is getting to high is the top windows get covered it the water but you can tell if it is to dry when the chicks start pipping/zipping cuz if it is to dry/humidity to low then the membrane inside the shell is going to look white and dried out, this is a sure sign to up the humidity but you could be fine at 58% just make sure you keep your eyes out for dryness, just try not to stay glued to the bator tho, is this your first time?

Back
Top Bottom