Do you ever miss your roosters?

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
I had to temporarily rehome my two silkie roos for 6 months. They are the only two I am not giving away. My araucana cockerel, Zapp, S.S Brad and L. sussex Randall are all being sold. Shockingly, I think I DO miss the crowing.
hit.gif
I know, right? But they were lovely roosters and due to the fox concentration in the area it's an uncertainty whether I will be getting them back. This is the best option we have though, as we have been the target of several attacks of unknown origin and are trying to rule the roosters out.
Some pics:

IMG_1015.jpg

Mister Buk buk and Michael

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Nutmeg

IMG_0606.jpg

Zapp

This is a real shame, as they are all the friendliest, most intelligent birds we have
sad.png
Anyway, as in the title: have you ever missed a rooster? Hens are understandable but nobody really "gets" why I miss the loud constant noise pollution
roll.png

I have not yet had to give up any roosters. My first three chicks turned out to be roos and I kept them all. One was taken by a hawk so I only have two now but I would not part with them for anything! I just got new chicks a few hours ago and reall really hope
fl.gif
they are all girls. These will be my first hens but I can't imagine liking them more than my rotten roosters.

Yes. I've re-homed several roos, and miss them. The only ones I DON"T miss are the mean ones that I gave away (with full disclaimer/warning as to disposition), and gave away to be eaten. My SS roo made a really nice soup for our cleaning woman at work
big_smile.png

I've only givern away two, maybe our rooster we have soon. But, our first one we gave away (Nugget) was the meanest RIR ever.But, our Second (Angel) was the best. I'm sad he was turned into soup.
hmm.png
But he would chase me (in a good way) and sleep with me holding him. But, life goes on
smile.png

I miss my first rooster, Basil. He was an Amrock and was killed by a vixen and her cubs while he was protecting his flock...I was a little slow getting my crossbow. here is a pic...

DSCF4721.jpg

Of course I do I missed the lovley crows at any time of day including 11:00 at night. HB was the nicest roo anyone could have! I feel like im going to cry now:hit
This is my roo I had to get rid of to a good home of course:
46547_hb_3.jpg

When I lost my first one Rudy I missed his crows and how he treated his girls. I don't care who hates Roos I love mine. I went out and picked up Phury from the chicken lady in a close by city. He was in a rabbit hutch all by himself and I felt so bad for him. I picked him up and it was love as first snuggle.

Heres Rudy
Screenshot2011-03-06at15105PM.png

And Phury once I got him home.
photo2.jpg

That would be his happy crow.

I now have Phury and Big Red as great protectors.

I don't think I could ever be without my boys.

Aw, thanks everyone
smile.png
It looks like a silkie chick is also a rooster, but luckily he's reserved for a nice elderly couple and their grand children

Roosters have been some of my best pets, and I definitely miss those who have passed away or had to be rehomed.

One of my roosters I had since he was hatched - literally. The local nursery school did a hatching project but did not keep the humidity high enough, and several chicks perished trying to break through the toughened membrane of the shell. I busted little Timmy out, but he'd already been dangerously oxygen deprived for a prolonged period of time. As a result he had neurological problems. That didn't stop him from growing up to be a big TOUGH rooster, and he really beat up a neighbor's child (who trespassed in our FENCED yard). They raised a huge ruckus over it and were threatening legal action, so we were forced to rehome him (to a very good, reputable sanctuary). It killed to get rid of him, though; I'd had him nearly two years and he was my constant companion from hatching to adulthood.

MISS my roosters? Where are they going? <*looks around with some suspicion*>

It is going to break my heart when I manage to be able to re-home any of my far too many roosters. Well, maybe not George....

Back
Top Bottom