Do you freeze cookie dough?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Nov 28, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    My little guy just loves cookies. He doesnt eat much during the day because of meds, not till supper, so I like to make things like peanut butter oatmeal cookies for him to snack on. Ive been buying the ready make ones you just pop in the oven even though I know I should make them. I used to work in a place where we had frozen cookie pucks we just popped into the oven but I dont know if I made dough at home and froze it in scoops how long and at what temp to bake them? It would make things so much simpler than making a whole batch every couple days. (Because of course we all end up eating them) Any ideas?

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    You can freeze your home made dough. Put it in small freezer bags, then just take a bag out the night before or in the morning. Let it thaw in the fridge. Once it is thawed you can bake it at the normal temp. ( usually 8-10 minutes at 350, thats a pretty universal time and temp)

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    350 for 18 minutes is about right for most drop cookies (peanut butter, chocolate chip oatmeal etc.)

I make up a few dozen of snickerdoodles for Dad for xmas, it's his favorite, and he can't eat a whole pan at once.

4. isabrownmom

isabrownmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Indiana
    Here is what I do: Make the cookies, keep just a few out and freeze the rest! They stay fresher tasting that way and we are not tempted! Out of sight - out of mind (sort of!) [​IMG] This works really well! My frozen cookies have even won blue ribbons at the country fair!!

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I freeze my cookies after they are baked and they always come out soft and yummy.

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I don't see why you couldn't. They freeze the pre-made kind, like you said, which, by the way, you can buy at places like Gordon's. I personally love to eat the frozen dough, yum! [​IMG]

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:I will try this, have to get more peanut butter though. I cant freeze baked cookies....too tempting.

8. fosterchick

fosterchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I make my cookie dough and freeze it. I then take it out when I need it. Let it thaw. Then I will cooke to what the origianl directions say.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by