Do you get them gifts

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
I give them treats. I guess you could count those as gifts. They get all of the chicken-safe feed scraps and food waste from our kitchen year-round, pumpkins and other gourds to peck at occasionally in the fall, a few hand fulls of scratch grains every now and then in the winter to keep them busy, and I try to rake leaves up and store them every fall to give them something to dig in in the wintertime, too. In the summer, we always have a 'hatchday party' to celebrate the previous year's babies turning one year old, though. They get chicken-safe 'cake', lots of 'party favors', and extra free-range time that day. 😁 I've found most things marketed for chickens to be gimmicks that the birds don't actually enjoy all that much, so I don't bother getting those things, personally. If they can't eat it or perch on it easily, they get bored with it pretty quick.

I give them treats. I guess you could count those as gifts. They get all of the chicken-safe feed scraps and food waste from our kitchen year-round, pumpkins and other gourds to peck at occasionally in the fall, a few hand fulls of scratch grains every now and then in the winter to keep them busy, and I try to rake leaves up and store them every fall to give them something to dig in in the wintertime, too. In the summer, we always have a 'hatchday party' to celebrate the previous year's babies turning one year old, though. They get chicken-safe 'cake', lots of 'party favors', and extra free-range time that day. 😁 I've found most things marketed for chickens to be gimmicks that the birds don't actually enjoy all that much, so I don't bother getting those things, personally. If they can't eat it or perch on it easily, they get bored with it pretty quick.
cool

Back
Top Bottom