Do You Guys Have a "Dream Chicken" or "Dream Flock"?

How many of you guys have "Dream Chickens" or "Dream Flocks"? (With names, breeds, colors, temperaments, etc. picked out?)

I started building my dream flock since the first day I started researching chickens. I want around on hatchery websites, trying to build up the perfect flock. The flock that I just ordered turned out a LOT different than my dream flock, but it left me wondering what anyone else's would be?

My first dream flock had a frizzled black Cochin Roo, all sorts of Silkies and Polish chickens. It was made up of a bunch of rare breeds that probably sold out months ago for my order time-frame. They all had names already picked out and everything! If only I knew how quickly everything sells out.

For an individual dream chicken, I would have to say it would be a show-quality Crevecoeur Roo named "Crowley" and a matching Sultan Roo named "Aziraphale". I think that would be adorable!

What about your guys' "Dream Chickens"? :D
I did some research and was happy to find a friend who was ordering a pandemic chicken grouping. I got what I wanted - buff Orpington, speckled Sussex, 2 blue laced red Wyandotte’s, a Cukoo Maran and a Columbian Wyandotte. That’s about all I can handle but I’d love some silkies and Polish. My crew is very tame and all have such great personalities!

Wow I loved going through all three different dream flocks! I want ever breed possible(that doesn't have terrible problems). ...the only thing is that I wanr to be able to name them, tell them apart, spend time and get to know each one individually... etc. So that deffinitly wouldn't work:p. So I guess my dream flock is:

Hens:

3 white leghorns

3 welsummers

1 marans

1 buff orpington

1 blue orpington

1 chocolate orpington

1 red cochin

3 speckled sussex

4 Easter eggers

1 Russian Orloff

2 cream legbars

2 golden laced wyandottes

2 silver laced wyandottes

1 blue laced red wyandotte

3 Rhode island reds

1 Australorp

1 Sapphire gem

1 barred rock

2 Dominiques

Roos:

1 barred rock

1 Buff orpington

Okay, I think that's still too many for me! But I want to try all the breeds I can so I can find my favorites! :th

Oh my. I'd like all the chickens, probably. So I could play around with the genetics of color and the various different features chickens can have (such as muffs, beards, crests, etc).

Right now I'm working on adding several of the crested breeds that aren't Polish to my flock, such as Sultans, Crèvecœurs, and Houdans. Also looking to add some Orloffs and Faverolles for personality (and flavor!). If I can ever get my hands on some La Fleche I will be over the moon. But I'm also interested in Nankins and d'Uccles to make a banty flock with my Silkies.

I really miss having roosters. Unfortunately, because I live in a suburban area, I can't have them anymore. I used to have some, including a gorgeous golden campine named Gregory (he even won 1st prize at a show).

I currently have 15 (11 hens and 4 chicks), because one of my hens sadly passed last week 😢 I'm a little worried because I seem to lose them in threes. Sometimes three in one week.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my flock. I have one old Rhode Island Red (she'll be 10 next month), an Australorp, two Brahmas (a buff and a mystery colour), five cross breeds (two White Leghorn X Australorps, a White Leghorn X Rhode Island Red and an Australorp X Rhode Island Red), two Sebrights (one silver, one gold) and my four chicks: two Welsummers, a light Sussex and an adorable Red Junglefowl.

Some of my dream chickens are Porcelain and Mille Fleur d'Uccles. I'd love to add them to my bantam flock along with some mini versions of my standard breeds. I would also love to eventually get Plymouth Rocks, Speckled Sussexes and Blue Australorps. My next additions to my flock would probably be retired battery hens though.

I really miss having roosters. Unfortunately, because I live in a suburban area, I can't have them anymore. I used to have some, including a gorgeous golden campine named Gregory (he even won 1st prize at a show).

I currently have 15 (11 hens and 4 chicks), because one of my hens sadly passed last week 😢 I'm a little worried because I seem to lose them in threes. Sometimes three in one week.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my flock. I have one old Rhode Island Red (she'll be 10 next month), an Australorp, two Brahmas (a buff and a mystery colour), five cross breeds (two White Leghorn X Australorps, a White Leghorn X Rhode Island Red and an Australorp X Rhode Island Red), two Sebrights (one silver, one gold) and my four chicks: two Welsummers, a light Sussex and an adorable Red Junglefowl.

Some of my dream chickens are Porcelain and Mille Fleur d'Uccles. I'd love to add them to my bantam flock along with some mini versions of my standard breeds. I would also love to eventually get Plymouth Rocks, Speckled Sussexes and Blue Australorps. My next additions to my flock would probably be retired battery hens though.
So Sorry about your loss. :hugs

I’m actively working on building my “dream flock”.
I currently have (hens unless otherwise marked);

2 Buff Brahmas
2 Dark Brahmas
2 Light Brahmas
2 White Crested Black Polish
1 Silver Laced Polish
1 Gold Laced Polish
5 Tolbunt Polish (chicks, 1 leaning cockerel, 4 leaning pullet)
4 Dominiques
1 Barred Rock
1 Sapphire Gem (chick, pullet)
2 Golden Comet (chicks, pullet)
8 Olive Eggers (chicks, 2 definite cockerel, 5 leaning cockerel, 1 leaning pullet 🤦🏻‍♀️)
2 Jersey Giant (chicks, leaning cockerel)
2 White Silkie (chicks, too young)
1 Barnyard mix (chick, Polish mix, too young)
1 Black Silkie (chick, leaning cockerel)
1 Black Silkie
3 White Silkie
1 White Silkie (Roo)
1 Black Tailed White Japanese (Roo)

I‘d like to still add;

1 show quality breeding pair of Splash Silkies
1-2 Tolbunt Polish Frizzle hens
10 any variety of blue and green egg layer hens
1-2 Black Copper Marans hens

I‘d love but will never actually own Onagodori, Dong Tao, Naked Chickens, Turken, Modern Game and Showgirls.

I am currently working on building a dream flock... it includes the sweetest breeds I can find. I currently have a Brahma (Cupcake)
and Sapphire Gem (Safaia)
the rest of my family’s flock includes a:
Cuckoo Maran, (Kiki)
Buff Orpington, (Emily)
Ameracuana (Uki) (I probably misspelled that)
Silkie Bantam, (Mochi)
Barred Rock, (to be named)
Starlight Green Egger, (Samantha)
Lavender Orpington, (possibly, Joy)
Speckled Sussex, (to be named)
Barnevelder, (possibly Arietty)
Welsummer, (to be named)
Rhode Island Red, (Ponyo)
Gold laced Wyandotte, (Minnie)
And an Australorp (Jasmine)
(One of each)
Oh, realized I should add that I just picked up 3 adorable silkies! (They’re still babies and SR so I don’t know the genders yet... hoping two of them are girls)

Attachments

• 21BADA71-AD94-4223-98E7-8A86C67538A2.jpeg
    21BADA71-AD94-4223-98E7-8A86C67538A2.jpeg
    743.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 934ECCE2-84CD-4DF0-8D09-741E5B0C69D1.jpeg
    934ECCE2-84CD-4DF0-8D09-741E5B0C69D1.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 0
  • 175965CE-6B5C-42C9-9CC1-B09319C05F92.jpeg
    175965CE-6B5C-42C9-9CC1-B09319C05F92.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 6D859A5B-E81B-45DA-8D28-E6F75F84BD56.jpeg
    6D859A5B-E81B-45DA-8D28-E6F75F84BD56.jpeg