Do you have a Little Giant 9200 Bator......if so how do you like it?

Hi
I've had mine for a couple months. I started out with those little ones that you get for the classroom.
tongue.gif
yes I know. But I didn't know what I was doing and putting 100 into an icubator and turner was more than my chicken budget at the time. I did get rid of the little ones and get the Little Giant. ordered 6 hatching eggs from Texas. I got 4 out of the 6 which I was pretty happy with! I figure that the momma chicken has to get up to get food or water for a few minutes a day and if the temp just changes a few degrees and I check it and adjust it then it should be fine. I am happy with mine. Cost was definately a consideration. You will just have to see and I wish you a very happy hatching!
fl.gif

Yes throw the included thermometer away!!!!!!! Go to home depot and buy a nice digital one that also measures humidity. Lost all of my first batch to bad thermometer. Fan helps keep temp stable.

Quote:
throw it away after you try to recalibrate it.. put an accurate thermometer and the throw away one together. adjust the throw away to match the accurate one and now you have two good ones.

what I like to do is get the accurate one to 99.5 then on the throw away put a mark where the murcury is..disregard all the existing numbers from now on. just use your mark.. I hope that makes sense..

On some dial type thermostats, you can use the nut on the back to adjust the temp..

Back
Top Bottom