Do you have a minute?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cockadoodlemom, Apr 25, 2008.

1. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    If you do thanks for your time and any thoughts or prayers you can give would be great. I'm sorry if this is long or confusing but I just don't know where to begin but knew I would feel better sharing here with this great group of friends. My cousin's son Kenny is in the Army and Tues night we got word that he was shot 3 times: 2 in his arm and 1 in the chest and he was sent to hospital in Germany. Wed's morning we got word that my cousin got to talk to Kenny and he told him he was ok but in a lot of pain and they would be doing surgery Thurs morning and they where going to try to save his arm and then send him back here to the states. Please pray for this young man and all the family. This is his second tour in Iraq. He has had a lot of grief in a short time. His grandfather (my Uncle) passed away a year ago Sunday, his wife (married before he went back this time) was in a bad car wreck not long ago & they let him come home to be with her for 2 wks (?) when he got back over there his Sergant and two friends died in front of him after their hummer was attacked and caught fire. Please pray for Kenny, the family, and for all the others over there who make it possible for us to be here.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Sending a prayer for his speedy and complete recovery!

God bless ALL our heroes in uniform!!

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be sending good vibes his way and yours

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Praying forKenny and his family.
    I hope when he gets back to the states he will get some grief counseling.

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:I'll second this!

6. ascott1978

ascott1978 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Joshua, Tx
    It goes without saying, but I think its safe to say were all behind him with our support and prayers.

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Wow, that's a lot to go thru.... I certainly hope everything goes well. Sending my thoughts and blessings!

8. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    This must really be rough on your whole family, we will pray for you and your family. I myself believe 200% in the power of prayer!!!!

9. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Got news last night that he has had 2 surgery on his arm and they are trying to get him stable to send him to TX. Please Lord let it be a good sign that he can move his fingers a little but not his arm. Thanks everyone for your support, thoughts and prayers. He is a wonderful person and his smile just makes you love him and want to hug him.

10. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    Many good wishes and prayers sent to your family...and bless him for serving for our great nation.
    -nj

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by