1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you have a recipe for cranberry sauce with orange in it?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Carolyn, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    When I was growing up the only cranberry sauce I ever saw was the jellied reddish purple stuff in the can. As a young wife we were eating in the home of a very nice couple from Texas and she served cranberry sauce. It was a beautiful red sweet jam with whole cranberries, so delicious. It was also the beginning of the end for canned cranberry sauce at my table

I have always used the recipe on the package, cranberries, water and sugar. I would like to try one that also has orange or orange juice instead, orange zest and reduces the sugar and water. I would really like to be able to can it and water bath it so it will keep longer.

I hope someone has a recipe they are willing to share that might meet my needs but any cranberry sauce or relish ideas would be welcome on this thread.

2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
  3. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Looks good; thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by